Show them the path to resilience, recovery, and wellness.
Health Affiliates Maine offers an Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP) for those struggling with substance use issues. IOPs are ideal for those who are transitioning from detox, residential rehabilitation, or who need a more intensive level of support to gain recovery skills and prevent relapse.
Facilitated by licensed HAM counselors Barbara Erkson, LCPC, LADC and Kate Meredith, LCPC, LADC, CCS, the program treats all substance addictions (drugs and alcohol) and follows the SAMHSA model: three hours of group therapy per day, four days a week, for six weeks. Clients attend a combination of individual and group therapies that focus on early recovery skills, relapse prevention, and family education.
The IOP is currently supporting the Saco and Biddeford communities at Saco Falls Counseling Center, with plans to expand the program into Central Maine communities. Referrals and self-referrals are welcome.
- Six-Week Program: six-week core curriculum with rolling admission includes three hours of group therapy per day, four days per week
- 1 Year Supportive Treatment: weekly individual and group therapy offered for 12 months following the initial six-week program
- Evidence-based treatment by licensed substance use disorder counselors
- Individual and group therapies including early recovery skills, relapse prevention, and family education classes
- Medication-assisted treatment if needed
- Small, supportive group setting
Saco Falls Counseling Center
110 Main Street
Saco, Maine 04072
To make a referral call 877-888-4304 or email email@example.com