Do you feel lost in a fog, like you’re underwater, or under the weight of an elephant because of stress?
Our Behavioral Health Home (BHH) program can provide resources, community connections and coordinate your mental and medical healthcare needs so that you can focus on your wellness. We are living through a time of uncertainty. Know that it is normal to feel stressed or anxious. But if your anxiety and stress are affecting your everyday life—making it hard for you to do the things you want and need to do each day—seeking help with a Behavioral Health Home program can be a first step to getting back in control. We are here to help. All of our BHH services are available via video chat.
Do I qualify for BHH?
Our Behavioral Health Home program is not a physical home or live-in program. You work with your BHH team from your own home or residence via video chat or meet with your team members in person. If you have a qualifying mental health diagnosis, full MaineCare eligibility, and live within Androscoggin, Franklin or Oxford counties, you qualify for our Behavioral Health Home program.
Want more information? Fill out the self-referral form or call 207-333-3278 today, and we’ll be in touch.
Is BHH right for me?
If you’re feeling overwhelmed, stressed or anxious, BHH can help. Through BHH, you will have access to a team of caring healthcare professionals who can offer solutions and resources to assist with your wellness concerns. You do not have to go through this alone.
Your BHH team includes:
- Wellness Coordinator: Your Wellness Coordinator manages your medical and mental health services and appointments and helps to identify the right resources to support your treatment goals.
- Peer/Family Support Specialist: A peer support specialist has been through similar life experiences. You can confidentially talk to and connect with a person who understands what you are going through.
- Nurse Care Manager: Your Nurse Care Manager communicates with your primary care provider (PCP) and any specialty medical care providers. They monitor your health outcomes and provide information and support on managing illnesses.
- Supervisory Team: Your Supervisory Team includes a clinical supervisor, a PCP consultant and a psychiatric consultant who regularly ensure that you’re receiving the highest quality care.
You can also attend educational groups as part of the BHH program to further support your wellness goals. In these groups you can speak with others who have gone through similar struggles. These peer advocates speak from experience about what worked for them and offer ideas and resources to help you.
The following discussion topics may surface:
- Specific medical conditions
- Personal care
- Skill development
- Other wellness and mental health topics
Is BHH right for my child?
If your child is aged 0-21 and has a mental health, autism or other developmental diagnosis and is MaineCare eligible, BHH may be an option.
Contact us about BHH today if you can relate to any of the following:
- You feel like your child spends too much time in the emergency room because it is the only way to get his or her needs met.
- You feel like providers don’t talk to each other and this continues to delay or create inconsistencies in your child’s care.
- You want to keep your child’s current therapist and/or doctor while accessing additional support.
- You are a parent who could benefit from talking to another parent who has been in your shoes.
- You are ready to transition your child out of traditional case management.
- You are a youth who feels your voice is lost among providers.
Want more information? Fill out the self-referral form or call 207-333-3278 today and we’ll be in touch.