Health Affiliates Maine supports case managers by building relationships and encouraging mutual success. Our innovative, collaborative approach is based on the principal of being “help for the helpers.” We know that if we support case managers in their work, together we can build a healthier statewide community.
As a case manager at HAM, you have the freedom and flexibility to choose your clients and your case load—all with the technical support and clinical supervision of Health Affiliates Maine behind you. Our mission is to empower and support Maine’s mental health professionals so that they may help individuals to enhance their own quality of life.
“I love the amount of support I receive from everyone at Health Affiliates Maine. HAM’s comprehensive administrative and clinical support makes me a more confident case manager.”
Chelsea Cloutier, MHRT/C, CADC
Being an employed Health Affiliates Maine case manager means flexibility, freedom and support.
- Outstanding clinical supervision
- 24-hour support online a phone call away
- Flexibility to make your own schedule
- Freedom to choose your own clients and case load
- Help and support with MaineCare and billing
- A culture focused on self-care and resilience
- Community—strong agency culture and encouraged connection between case managers
Health Affiliates Maine is seeking Case Managers to provide per diem services to adults and/or children and families in many locations throughout Maine. The preferred candidate will demonstrate a commitment to the values of the agency (resiliency, integrity, support, collaboration, advocacy). A sense of humor is also appreciated on our team!
Health Affiliates Maine offers a $1,000.00 sign-on bonus to new hires with five years of case management experience in Targeted Case Management. This bonus will be awarded after successfully completing 90 days of employment.
Who can become a case manager?
Qualifications include (but are not limited to):
- MHRT/C or provisional is required
- Bachelor’s Degree in social services or related field is required (LSW preferred)
- Work independently and as a member of a collaborative team
- Have a high degree of professionalism and ethical standards
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
How do I become a case manager ?
If you have questions about employment or our agency, please contact our Case Management Program Director:
Kate Marble, LCSW, Case Management Program Director
Phone: 207-333-3278 Ext. 221
Mail: PO Box 1150, Auburn, ME 04211