Health Affiliates Maine has an opening for a Privacy Officer to join their team! This is a full-time role.
Roles and Responsibilities (Include but are not limited to the following):
- Be the first point of contact regarding HIPAA Privacy Rules across all departments.
- Conduct thorough investigations into all incidents relating to HIPAA
- Develop and continually maintain policies and procedures.
- Assist with and conduct annual risk assessments and risk reduction strategies in collaboration with the HIPAA Security Officer.
- Ensure compliance and proper execution of records requests and document disposal procedures.
- Ensure all departments follow company privacy practices and perform privacy related audits.
- Log and respond to breaches and privacy problems, working to mitigate exposure.
- Train and educate staff and vendors on privacy policies, explaining consequences.
- Ensure a BAA is obtained whenever necessary, monitor HIPAA attestation compliance with outside vendors and do due diligence to verify the business associate’s HIPAA policy and practices.
- Develop and maintain onboarding and offboarding policies and procedures.
- Submit proposals on how to improve current practices, include how to make them more cost effective.
- Develop and deliver periodic content regarding HIPAA best practices, regulatory changes, cyber security, and general themes to all staff either quarterly or as needed.
- Conduct access auditing and maintain sensitive charts within our client record systems.
- Maintain knowledge and familiarity with HIPAA, 42 CRF, and the Office of Civil Rights (OCR).
- Incident management and remediation in the event of a data breach.
- Apply privacy practices in the context of tangible IT resources like networking hardware, computers, and devices, as well as intangible resources like software and data.
- Perform all other duties necessary as directed by the assistant director of Information Technology.
Qualifications (Include but are not limited to the following):
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Medical Administration or related field
- At least 2 years of experience in a medical or mental health related field preferred
Benefits (Include but are not limited to the following):
- Earned Benefit time + 11 paid holidays
- Health, Dental, Vision, LTD, STD Benefits
- 401k Retirement Savings
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Wellness Program