Health Affiliates Maine has an opening for a Medical Billing Specialist (commercial insurance) to join their team. This is a full-time, 40 hr/wk, role.
Roles and Responsibilities (Include but are not limited to the following):
- Audit and process weekly commercial insurance billing as per company procedures and processes.
- Identify discrepancies in billing submissions and correct them accurately for processing
- Meet all billing and provider payment deadlines each week.
- Implement and follow all QA billing procedures according to internal and external regulations and agency standards.
- Ensure providers adhere to all agency billing policies, procedures, and processes.
- Be able to work with the State of Maine KePro Healthcare system requirements regarding the registration process and deadlines.
- Maintain accounts receivables for assigned providers.
- Process manual MaineCare Secondary claims.
- Research and correct take back and over-payments to providers and/or insurance companies accurately and in a timely manner.
- Work denials and outstanding claims that are not paid.
- Assist with other administrative duties as deemed necessary by the management team.
Qualifications (Include but are not limited to the following):
- Knowledge of business English, grammatical construction, spelling, punctuation and vocabulary and the ability to type accurately.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Previous reception experience preferred
Benefits (Include but are not limited to the following):
- Earned Benefit time + 11 paid holidays
- Health, Dental, Vision, LTD, STD Benefits
- 401k Retirement Savings
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Wellness Program