Join the Health Affiliates Maine Behavioral Health Home Team as a Family Peer Support Specialist. This community-based program offers a holistic, integrated approach to providing collaborative care to address mental health, medical, and other resource needs. This approach has a multi-provider perspective and increases the ability for the client and/or family to access their needs and goals while learning self-management tools for ongoing success. Your lived experience is valued by the BHH team with whom you will work that includes a clinical team lead, peer support specialist, wellness coordinator, medical consultant, psychiatric consultant, and nurse care manager.
- Has lived experience (5 years recommended or preferred) in the parenting role (biological parent, guardian, foster parent, grandparent, caregiver) of a child who is receiving or has received service and supports related to the diagnosis of a mental illness.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Able to function as an effective member of a team
Position Responsibilities Include:
- Provide emotional support, problem solving, information related to community resources to families who have child(ren) with emotional, behavioral, and health needs
- Helping families towards empowerment and goal attainment
- Meetings with families will take place in person, phone, and/or group
- Identifying strengths and needs of families
- Help families navigate the systems of care
- Working collaboratively with a team of multi-disciplinary providers
- Part-Time (4 Days/16 hours per week)
- Flexible Schedule
- Travel Re-imbursement
- EAP available
- 401k plan