Have you ever felt as though you need a little help getting into the spirit of the holidays? It can be true for many of us, because let’s face it; this time of year can be rather stressful. Often times though, it is the smallest and simplest of activities that provide us joy and happiness. And it is no different during the holidays.
So we have pulled together a list of inexpensive activities that might help lift you into that festive mood. Pick a few that bring a smile to your face and hopefully you will experience your own little slice of the holiday spirit.
- Watch your favorite old holiday movies at your house.
- Play in the snow or make your own.
- Drink hot cocoa in your pj’s.
- Write letters to out-of-town friends and relatives.
- Look at old family holiday photo albums (these make for great TBTs).
- Make homemade potpourri to make your place smell amazing.
- Go ice-skating.
- Light an evergreen-scented candle in your room.
- Do holiday-themed nail art.
- Make a holiday playlist.
- Create an Elf Yourself
- Host an “Ugly Sweater” party.
- Make a jar of good things — write down all the things you’re thankful for that happened in 2015. Read them again at this time next year.
- Have a bonfire with friends who are in town.
- Donate canned goods to a local food bank.
- Go on an outdoor adventure and take photos of the wintry scenery.
- Volunteer at a nursing home’s holiday party.
- Go see a local school’s holiday play.
- Do random acts of kindness; anonymously leave notes spreading holiday cheer on people’s cars.
- Hang Christmas lights along your bedroom walls.
*List courtesy of: www.popsugar.com