ealth Affiliates Maine is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). We provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Nurse Care Manager – Behavioral Health Home
Health Affiliates Maine has a full time opening for a Nurse Care Manager to join our Behavioral Health Home team.
- Assist in establishing plan of care with the behavioral health home team that identifies and continuously re-assesses cost-efficient and appropriate levels of care for clients.
- In team supervision meetings, emphasize continuity of care that reduces fragmentation and duplication with the plan and when considering new referrals.
- Develop collaborative relationships to enhance communication with the multi-disciplinary team and primary care practices
- Assist in development of and distribution of client education materials to enhance client management of chronic illness.
- Monitor patient portal to assist in prevention of adverse client occurrences.
- Assist in facilitation of client empowerment by promoting patient choice and identify opportunities for health promotions and disease prevention.
- Understand mental health and substance abuse laws regarding protection of client information and as such protect and maintain the confidentiality of client records and information.
- Provide direct support through phone calls to clients that are considered by the team to be high risk and in need of additional intervention.
- Ensure services are provided to clients in a manner consistent with trauma-informed practices.
- Maintain and complete accurate client files according to agency policies, procedures and in compliance with applicable law, licensing, contracting, Mainecare regulations, consent decree and the rights of recipients.
- Provide services in an ethical manner by maintaining professional relationships
Minimum Education/Experience Qualifications:
Current R.N licensure, or a psychiatric nurse certified by ANCC, or advance practice nurse in good standing with licensing/certifying board required. Three years minimum experience with a PCP practice preferred. Professional knowledge of mental health and chronic disease management. Current CPR certification.
Family Peer Support Specialist – Behavioral Health Home
Join the Health Affiliates Maine Behavioral Health Home Team as a Family Peer Support Specialist. This community based program offers a holistic, integrated approach to providing collaborative care to address mental health, medical, and other resource needs. This approach has a multi-provider perspective and increases the ability for the client and/or family to access their needs and goals while learning self-management tools for ongoing success. The BHH team also includes a clinical team lead, peer support specialist, wellness coordinator, medical consultant, psychiatric consultant, and nurse care manager.
- Has completed the “Parent Peer Training” through the G.E.A.R Parent Network, OR has lived experience (5 years recommended or preferred) in the parenting role (biological parent, guardian, foster parent, grandparent, caregiver) of a child who is receiving or has received service and supports related to the diagnosis of a mental illness and will complete training within 9 months of the start of employment
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Position Responsibilities Include:
- Provide emotional support, problem solving, information related to community resources to families who have child(ren) with emotional, behavioral, and health needs
- Helping families towards empowerment and goal attainment
- Meetings with families will take place in person, phone, and/or group
- Identifying strengths and needs of families
- Help families navigate the systems of care
- Working collaboratively with a team of multi-disciplinary providers
- More Details:
- Part-Time/16 hours a week
- Flexible Schedule
- Travel Reimbursement
- EAP available
- 401k plan
School Based Clinician
Health Affiliates Maine is seeking licensed clinicians for a variety of placements at schools in Maine.
- Fayette (Pre-K to 5th grade) – 2 days a weeK
- Leeds – 2 days a week (NEW)
- North Anson (All ages) – 2 to 3 days a week
- Portland (Elementary age) – 1 day a week
To be eligible for one of these positions an applicant must be licensed in the state of Maine as a Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW), Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor (LCPC), Conditionally Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor (LCPC-C) or Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT).
These are fee for service positions. The clinician will receive referrals from staff, complete an assessment, and develop a treatment plan in conjunction with the client and/or family. Individual and/or family therapy will occur on site at the school. Successful candidates will need to meet all hiring requirements. Ideal candidates would be willing to be credentialed with all insurances, including Medicare.
Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner
Health Affiliates Maine, an innovative state-wide licensed behavioral health agency, is accepting resumes for a psychiatric nurse practitioner to perform psychiatric assessments and ongoing psychiatric treatment in our Auburn office. Health Affiliates Maine provides support for those who are interested in transitioning from an employed position into a private practice once a caseload has been built.
Psychiatric nurse practitioner benefits include:
- Twice monthly clinical supervision with the medical director
- Electronic health record with IT support
- Online patient scheduling software
- In-house referrals
- Credentialing for MaineCare, Medicare and commercial insurances
- After hours answering service with email transcription
- Urine & saliva collection for drug screens
- 90 minute new patient & 30 minute follow-up appointments
- Clerical support for phone calls, appointments, refill and records requests
If you are interested in applying or interested in talking more about this position, please apply online or contact Melissa Bowker-Kinley by phone or email at: (207) 520-7087, Melissa.firstname.lastname@example.org .
Health Affiliates Maine is accepting resumes for new affiliates in multiple areas of the state. Independent licensure as LCSW, LCPC, LMFT, LADC or Licensed Psychologist is required. Part of the mission of Health Affiliates Maine is to increase accessibility to services by supporting clinicians who provide outpatient therapy to consumers in their own communities. Together, we work to decrease the stigma associated with mental illness and substance abuse by encouraging the availability of treatment in the consumer’s local environment.
Health Affiliates Maine provides many benefits to clinicians who affiliate with our agency such as a network of providers, and dedicated, experienced staff to support you.
Some Affiliate benefits include:
- Reliable weekly payments
- Complete APS Management
- Free monthly supervision
- Free or Discounted CEU trainings: 20 CEU’s per year
- Credentialing and Billing
Affiliate Psychiatric Providers
Health Affiliates Maine is accepting resumes for new affiliates in multiple areas of the state. Independent licensure as a Psychiatrist or Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner is required. Part of the vision of Health Affiliates Maine is to increase accessibility to services by supporting psychiatric providers caring for consumers in their own communities.
In addition to a network of providers and a dedicated, experienced staff to support you, Health Affiliate of Maine provides a variety of other benefits.
Affiliate benefits include:
- Reliable weekly payments
- Complete APS Management
- Free monthly supervision
- Quality assurance & electronic health record
- Credentialing & billing
- Marketing assistance
Sign On Bonus!
Health Affiliates Maine is accepting resumes for per diem (up to 40 hours) mental health case managers to provide services to children/families and/or adults in several locations statewide. The preferred candidate will have at least 5 years of experience in the field of social services and at least 2 years direct case management experience. Join a team in which you will receive outstanding support and supervision, flexibility in your caseload and schedule, and a culture focused on self-care.
- MHRT/C or provisional is required to provide adult case management.
- Bachelor’s Degree in social services or related field is required (LSW preferred) to provide child case management.
- The ability to: work independently as well as a member of a collaborative team, have a high-degree of professionalism and ethical standards; and strong written/verbal communication skills.
$1,000.00 sign-on bonus available to new hires with 5+ years of experience in Case Management. Paid after successful completion of 90 days of employment.
Case Manager benefits include:
- No quotas: No block of time is too small!
- Make your own hours and pick your own clients
- Free Case Management CEU trainings
- Help with referrals
- A team to help you with KEPRO!
- Accessible supervisors
- Regular clinical supervision
- An environment focused on self-care
Mental Health Case Manager Apply
Health Affiliates Maine is seeking an experienced mental health case manager to provide per diem services to adults and/or children and families in the following locations. A Bachelor’s degree in social work or related field for targeted case management and/or a MHRT/C for adult case management is required. The preferred candidate will demonstrate a commitment to the values of the agency (resiliency, integrity, support, collaboration & advocacy). A sense of humor is also appreciated on our team!
- Knox County
- Penobscot and Northern Somerset – NEW
- Sebago Lakes Region – NEW
- Waldo County
- Washington County